Refugee Resettlement Program
The Massoud Foundation Australia is providing a range of support services to newly arrived refugees in Australia
• Resource Centre in Blacktown that will provide one on one support and referrals to existing support services
• Afghan women's information sessions covering topics of interest
• Activities including sporting events, art-based activities, and outdoor educational activities for Afghan children and young people
• Information sessions to provide prevention and early intervention of family conflict
• Hosting key events and celebrations to foster community engagement and connections between newly arrived refugees and the wider Australian community
On 10th December 2021, The Massoud Foundation Australia organised an information session to provide COVID awareness and discuss health and wellbeing information in a welcoming environment for newly arrived refugees from Afghanistan.
On the occasion of the Refugee Week, we participated in the Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Mental Health Awareness event in partnership with STARTTS and other community organisations and established services.
On Sunday, 28th August 2022, The Massoud Foundation Australia in Partnership with Community Migrant Resource Centre (CMRC) organised a Welcome Picnic in a friendly outdoor environment at Holroyd Gardens, Merrylands for newly arrived refugees from Afghanistan...
Recently, UNESCO put Yalda Night on its Cultural Heritage List as a shared culture of Afghanistan and Iran. In recognition, the Massoud Foundation hosted an event on Thursday 22 December 2022, to celebrate Shab-e Yalda (Yalda) with our community, stakeholders and the wider Australian community...